Conference in a nutshell – version 4
Note: I spent most of this conference being sick, and as such only took notes during the first Saturday Morning Session. When the Ensign comes out I will read through the talks and make some more notes, probably posting them here too, but for now, enjoy the few notes I did take!
- My old mission president gave the opening prayer!
- New temples: Calgary, Alberta; Cordoba, Argentina; Kansas City. MO; Philadelphia, PA; Rome, Italy
- Simplify your life!
- Casual dress invites casual attitudes. Fashion-conscious mockers are at least partly responsible for driving people away from the Tree of Life.
- Do missionary work! It’s the way to bring people to Christ, which means blessings for all!
- Fear and faith cannot coexist. The gospel gives us no reason to be afraid, but to believe.
- We repeat the same spiritual steps over and over again to receive more light and quell our doubts. In this way our faith becomes simple, and pure.
- Jesus makes everything right again. That may sound naive, but it’s still true.
- The Book of Mormon is a spiritual banquet. To ignore it would be like receiving a letter from a far-away parent, but not opening the envelope.
- Sacrament meeting a time for worship, and to focus on the Savior. Not texting!
- Hope sustains us during trials. Don’t lose it, lest you be lost!
- If you ever head for Cedar City and end up in Nevada, laugh! Bwah ha ha!
- Even when life is hard, it’s still funny! Look for the hilarity!
- Come what may, and love it!
- Angels will be sent forth to warn and comfort, as long as men have faith.
- The gospel is simple and easy to understand. Look not beyond the mark.
- Zion = pure in heart, united together
And the mantra I will most remember:
- Find joy in the journey.
See y’all soon, and hopefully I will have some thoughts on the rest of conference!