newspaper open – 3D Movie Maker Sound FX (and Colbert)
I know I recently did a little rant about people just making blog posts to fill in cute little surveys, then tag their friends, and I especially apologize for having done a similar one before. However, in that previous one I kind of cheated, skipping until I found an actual song. This time I didn’t cheat; I let the playlist bring up what it would. If this really describes my life, I suppose it’s apt, considering my life doesn’t make any sense, either.
JUST FOR FUN….
Feel free to do this yourself.
1. Put your iPod, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the “next” button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY OR NON-SENSICAL IT SOUNDS
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?
Prelude, op. 28, no. 9 – Frederic Chopin
2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
“Arabian Dance” – Tchaikovsky
3. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Maridia 2 – Super Metroid
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Silence – F-Zero
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE PURPOSE?
Eterna Canción – OBK
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Bad Reception Erase – Mario Paint
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Aria from the Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach – Anna Magdalena Bach
8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Fingerprints, Thunder, & Theme – Ken Allen, The Colonel’s Bequest
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
“But the museum would like to make its own assessment.” – 3D Movie Maker Default Voices
10. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
Battle 1 – Super Metroid
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Mushroom Kindom II – Tadashi Ikegami, Shogo Sakai, Takuto Kitsuta, Super Smash Bros. Melee
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
A MIDI file called “LOVESTAY” that I don’t recognize
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
“The Geddup Noise” – dj teh Cheat
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WHEN YOU GROW UP?
SoundStone – Earthbound
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
“Courtroom Scene (dialogue)” – The Who, from Tommy
16. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Briefing – Starfox
17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Bubble Bobble Title – Amiga
18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
step grass left – 3D Movie Maker Sound FX
19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
A MIDI file of “O Come All Ye Faithful”
20. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
“Goodnight Saigon” – Billy Joel
21. SONG THEY WILL PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Sonic 3 Breaking the Ice – DigiE (ocremix.org)
22. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
newspaper open – 3D Movie Maker Sound FX
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: democracy just doesn’t work. On a side note: DON’T WRITE IN CAPS UNLESS YOU ARE SHOUTING, ANONYMOUS TAG-WRITER! I’m too lazy to go back and retype the whole thing so it’s not in caps, but really people, the Web is reaching its upper teens; surely people have learned nettiquete by now, roflol.
In other news: I’ve always enjoyed the Colbert Report, mostly for its satirical edge, but after watching this interview (all five parts are available under the “More From:” link) I’ve learned to appreciate it a whole lot more, especially seeing Stephen, out of character, describe exactly how the whole thing works, and a bit about his true quest: to change the world for the better by pointedly embodying much of what is wrong with it on a comedy show. One day I’ll write about that whole thing, but it’s finals week; give me a break!